Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Has anyone seen Pawan?

That's a question that has been coming up a lot in the past few weeks. Our beloved Pawan, who lives in Bolangir (Bolang-where?), has been in exile in Canada awaiting his visa renewal to return to us here in Orissa. Indian visas are a nightmare at the best of times, but the Canadian Authorities seem to be especially awkward about it all. I can't remember if I've written in my blog about the visa hassles I've gone through. It's not very interesting, very uninteresting in fact, a pain in the bum, and endless trips to the Foreign Registration Office. Back in June my office received a letter saying "the foreigner may please be directed to leave India immediately" (that foreigner being me). Luckily VSO sorted it all out and I have something scribbled in my papers to say I've applied to stay til Feb '12, so I think I'm ok.But Pawan, where is Pawan? If anyone sees a charming lad with a scientifically grooved bottom, please direct him back to Orissa. Without him, there is no Christmas party!

3 comments:

  1. Hi........

    I am quite impressed :),while going through posts,its clear that you are passionate about our country....which I appreciate the most.

    Keep up the good work.....Hope you can stay here for more period.

    Cheers.
    ARJUN MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arjun!

    Unfortunately my year with VSO is coming to an end, I will finish my placement in November, but will travel until January to try and see as much as possible of your beautiful country!

    take care,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you good luck Jane.

    And if you have time to spare,do visit my blog and comment :)

    ARJUN MS

    ReplyDelete